By IppolitovichOpenBh 5.0 is based on the OE-Alliance 5.0 core.
So what is different in OpenBh 5.0 then?
OpenBh 4.4 build 023 was the final build in the 4.4 series.
The main change from OpenBh 4.4 to OpenBh 5.0 is that Python has been upgraded from Python 2 to Python 3. Python 3 is already 10 years old and Python 2 was deprecated in 2015 and is therefore no longer maintained. This means all the third party packages we use are also no longer maintained. Which means there will be no future updates for security vulnerabilities. Because of this we have no option but to upgrade to Python 3.
Unlike previous images, the main differences are in both the OpenBh image which has been recoded for Python 3 and the core of the image or the OE (Open Embedded) which has also undergone huge changes, updates and fixes to ONLY support Python 3.
Extensive changes to meet Python3 requirements.
Some plugins may no longer may no longer work, so you will need to contact the plugin authors to ask them to update their plugins for Python3.
Apart from the above you should not notice many differences between previous OpenBh 4.4 and OpenBh 5.0 images.
By Ippolitovich- update enigma2
- update 3rd party plugins
- some minor improvements & fixes
By Ippolitovich- OE-Alliance 4.3
- GStreamer 1.14.4
- Python 2.7.15
- actual base
- current drivers
- [4k] where is posible: HBBTV enabled
- where is posible: KODI enabled
- new packages
- cleared and optimized
- update CPU temperature in InfoCenter and About screen
- update channel list and picon
- automatic instalation E2iPlayer with tools and libs (if free space is avaliable)
- automatic instalation mc and htop (if free space is avaliable)
- remove OpenMultiBoot from image to beter compatibility with other multiboot
- add more remote
- fix CI+
- fix scale picon and key yellow in GraphMultiEPG
- update PKT_VPNSetup and autostart after reboot
- a lot of fixes and updates
By Ippolitovich- increase image version: VTi 11.0.2
- update plugin openwebif (ver. 1.4.2)
- update dvbapp2 (20170614)
support auto CI assignment (Sky DE, HD+, freent.tv, AustriaSat, canal digitaal NL)
BT RCU - use voice input for EPG search (ultimo4k, uno4k, solo4k)
support scrambled recording and descrambling in standby (ultimo4k, uno4k, solo4k)
Menu>VTi>Setup - Timer
ATTENTION: option is enabled by default
support use of CI module for USB tuners or other vtuners (ultimo4k,uno4k,solo4k,solose,duo2,solo2)
fix advertisement detection
By SatuserOpenLD 1.8 VU+Solo
* Kernel: Depends on the model will be one version or another. (Modified and optimized Javilonas)
* Enigma2: 25/10/2014 (Sources Own)
* Open Source: Post count too low, please post in introductions to unlock all forum features. and Post count too low, please post in introductions to unlock all forum features.
* Image: OpenLD - 25/10/2014
* BusyBox: v1.22.1 (optimized for javilonas)
* Drivers: Most current date (depending on the model will be one version or another)
* Default Skin: MetrixHD Post count too low, please post in introductions to unlock all forum features.
* Webinterface: OpenWebif OWIF Version 0.4.2 (Updated)
* Distro Version: 1.8 - OpenLD (no official test)
* Expert mode enabled by default
* Maintain the Bootlogo
* Multiple changes in Enigma2 Post count too low, please post in introductions to unlock all forum features. (Various Bugs Fixed)
* Updated Drivers in several models (Gigablue, VuPlus, Ixuss, Dreambox)
* Updated several addons plugins.
* Fixed problem with CCcam / Oscam Blue Panel.
* Added new option Create BackUP image (removing full backup)
* Fixed problem installing packages manually from the command.
* Fixed some texts in the Blue Panel
* Fixed problem in the blue info panel now displays info correctly modeled.
* Added information BogoMips info MHz and blue panel.
* Fixed problems with tuners on VuPlus and updated drivers
* New kernel 3.9.6 in EU and SE Gigablues old version.
* New Drivers Ixuss one
* New drivers Gigablue Quad / QuadPlus and 800 EU / SE Plus
* Fixed bugs in decoding Gigablue DTT.
* Fixed bugs IPCH Gigablue record & streaming.
* Fixed bugs in Gigablue AVSYNC FIX ts.
* TranscodingSetup fix default value.
* Various tweaks and fixes in GigaBlueVFDControl
* Fixed several bugs in AutoBouquetsMaker.
* Surely now I forget some things: p
Blue Panel Blue button >> OpenLD
Green button >> Plugins
Green Button Green Button >> ADDONS >>
Red Button Blue Button >> Services >>
Yellow Button Sound >> Configure
Red Button >> Electronic Program Guide